Deadline is July 18th!! $150 for 3 nights!! 9/18-21. Please email Tara ASAP and she will give you her address to mail a check. Her email is: email@example.com
A big Thank You to Anthony Ferranti, 3rd generation Sewing Machine Mechanic! Anthony was very generous with his time and expertise. Here are some of the take aways from his lecture:
- Most problems originate from the needle and bobbin case area
- Always try changing needle, making sure to thread towards flat side of needle
- Size 12-14 needle will do most jobs
- Only use your needle threader on needles over size 11
- Avoid pulling fabric with left hand as you are sewing. Results in bending needle and dinging bobbin case.
Some of our Members' Favorite Quilt Books:
- The Block Magazine ($6.00 quarterly)
- Mary Ellen Hopkins, It's OK if you Sit on My Quilt
- Patchwork City
- Modern Patchwork
Modern Quilt Guild of Charleston: Thank you to everyone who brought or made a block for our sister guild in Charleston. If you still want to participate in Quilt for Mother Emanuel for Charleston, SC Modern Guild, please click on this link. Deadline is August 1st. and you may mail your block to them directly.
Show and Tell - Riley Blake:
Member Show and Tell:
Patricia shared her 20 fabric Bargello Chart - thanks Pat!
Great meeting everyone! Thank you for your awesome participation and enjoy the Summer!
Next Meeting will be a Pot Luck on the Grounds of the Cumberland Library!