We had a great turnout for this month's meeting - 25 Modern Quilters! Welcome to our new members. We are so glad you have chosen to join us!
* Use Madeira invisible thread in the bobbin and change out the color on top when needed.
* Aurifil Thread makes a great chart with a variety of colors
* Superior Thread Newsletter is offering a free ($3.95 shipping) DVD on aspects of thread. I will order a copy for our Guild and members can check it out to view it at home.
* Pale green makes a great neutral, as does peach for warm tones.
Check out Pat Sloan's List of Perfect Colors
* Sulky makes a fine thread for applique work.
Needle tips that were shared:
* Superior makes a titanium top needle that won't snap, but will bend instead. Check online or at quilt shows.
* Change your needle before every new project.
* Listen to the sounds of your machine. You'll hear if something is "off".
* Going over pins is a "no-no". Better be on the safe side and change out your needle to avoid costly repairs.
* Look for deals online and at your favorite stores. Please share on our Facebook Page.
WIP (Works in Progress) Challenge
* Give specific instructions - don't assume we know what you want done
* Be flexible and willing to get back a finished product that is not exactly what you expected
* Are you willing to be a piecer, quilter, binder, or any combination of those skills?
March ChallengeNext month bring your WIP project to the monthly meeting to swap your with other quilters! We agreed on completing our swaps within 2 months.
Monthly Show and TellThere is so much talent and inspiration in our group. Here is what we are working on and have completed this month!
Bring any "Modern" quilt or project you are working on or have finished for Show and Tell.
Our neighbors over at the Boston Modern Quilt Guild have a celebrity in their midst. One of the founders, Rachael May, has published a book on Modern Quilting. Click here for more info.